Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Splash!





Hey all,
A lot of work has been done and still much more to do! We arrived on Saturday, the 29th of May on a red eye flight. We plugged power into the boat and spent memorial day weekend in the boat yard. I found over the winter an issue with the rudder had developed. My friend Dib, helped repair it. All the work on the hull below the waterline is complete. Leviathan was launched on the 1st of June. While working on the big boat, we also were preparing Josh's small boat for the tow back to Alaska. We put new bearings on the trailer and new tail lights. He and my nephew, Conor left yesterday, the 2nd of June. He is well into Canada now, and says things are going well. I am now out at my slip installing my life raft, epirb, and satcom equipment. Also I have a diesel mechanic taking care of the engine. He took out the injectors and brought them to Bellingham to test. Things are, so far, going as planned. I'm having good time. Stan

2 comments:

  1. Stan,

    Good talking you the other day. I bet you are really excited about this trip and frankly I am excited for you. Now that you have a bus and a boat, is an airplane next?:) I am looking forward to seeing it; when are we going halibut fishing? (just kidding) Really though, it will be fun to see you and have you show it off. I will be going to Ugashik with Brandy on the the 15th, back around the 20th - Don't forget we owe you a private birthday party:) Can Tim come too!? I am in Anchorage right now getting some dental work done. I am ready to start making garden beds, Whew! that 10th Century BC technology is really a good work out!!! We are sure enjoying that place and all the hard work you and Tom Kuchta did. I have to say that the two of you added immense pleasure to our lives and we will always remember that. I'm all for rototillers and internal combustion however. Hopefully that will make the radishes and turnips taste better. I am very tempted to buy some treated 4x4s and keep the rabbits looking in instead of feeding them. Take care, enjoy:) Our thoughts are very much with you.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be back from Ugashik July 20!

    ReplyDelete